How Strong is your Net?
Updated: May 18
How Strong is your Net? Here are 5 steps to make sure your insurance net is strong enough:
1. Make sure you've got enough. Don't use appraised value. Use per-square-foot replacement value in your area.
2. Understand what's covered. Don't be surprised after something happens. Sometimes you can add coverage for special situations for very little annual cost. Also, do a home inventory. Use photos and receipts to show what you own and store these in a safe deposit box.
3. Check your deductible. In general, go for a higher deductible and lower premiums.
4. Consider an umbrella policy. This can be a very affordable way to increase your protection.
5. Talk to an insurance agent you trust. There's no better way to make sure you've got the protection you need than the advice from a professional you trust.